The biggest mistake business website owners make is not capturing email address.
It sounds very simple but this is one of the biggest mistakes that I see business owners make with their website. It doesn’t matter what type of website you have:
YOU MUST COLLECT VISITOR EMAIL ADDRESS
By collecting a visitor’s email address, you can build an online list of prospects that are interested and market to them.
Your goal will be to help turn that subscriber to a lead and ultimately into a sale. Some of the biggest marketers on the web have said over and over again:
The Money Is In The List!
There are lots of ways to collect an email address. The most popular method to collect emails is by using a Lead Magnet.
A lead magnet’s goal is to provide information of value in return for their name and email. For example, a lead magnet for an online store could be to offer a coupon when they sign up for your email list.
If your website provides professional services, then you can include a special report (like the one you’re reading now), an email course or a case study or anything that you think your visitors will find value in.
You can use a service like aWeber or Getresponse to build your email list and then market to them.
If you have a website, then find out what the pain points of your customer is and then offer them something of value based on it.
Here’s a great article about 29 Killer Bribes to Grow Your Email List (using a lead magnet): https://www.holler.com/lead-magnet-bible/
Here’s how to start:
- Step 1: Put together a list of pain points for your potential customers and consider asking current customers.
- Step 2: Setup a Lead Magnet and ask your webmaster to tie it into an aWeber or Getresponse or an email marketing platform.
- Step 3: Install it on your website.
- Step 4: Build value and increase your authority by providing those email subscribers with valuable information
- Step 5: Create an offer that they can’t refuse and make sure it’s a special offer that is only available for a limited time.
Test different types of pain points, different graphics, different offer, different everything until you perfect your lead magnet. Then try to improve upon it even more. Test, Measure, Repeat.